By Paul Miller
Knightly News Co-Adviser
On this episode of the Knightly News Podcast, we welcome Knights Athletic Director Kasey Hicks to talk about the upcoming soccer and basketball seasons and President Abbee Breski sharing the summer edition of the Knightly News Brief.
On the first segment of the podcast, Hicks shares an update on the state of Knights soccer, specifically highlighting the women’s soccer team’s first game since 2019.
Further conversations discuss the men’s soccer team and their dominant victory at the Penn State Mont Alto Labor Day Classic Tournament.
Knightly News President Abbee Breski also joins the show, talking about her increased role in athletic broadcasting with the club.
To conclude the segment, the group shares more about the upcoming men’s and women’s basketball teams, kicking off their season in November.
On the second segment of the show, Abbee Breski shares the summer edition of Knightly News Brief, an audio version of some of our stories from the term. The following stories are featured:
- “Women’s soccer is kicking at Central Penn for first time since 2019” by Andrew Hunter
- “The CPC Film Series is back with a dazzling double feature” by Nik Hogan
- “Colleges Against Cancer Club attends Bras Across the Bridge” by Sara Walters
- “From teammates to rivals: Central Penn College players face off in Twilight summer league showdown” by Paul Miller
- “2023 Education Foundation Golf Open aces scholarship funding” by Abbee Breski
This is the final podcast of the summer term. We will return with Episode #178 on Oct. 17. Have a great break!
You can find the last three episodes of the podcast on our SoundCloud page. Subscribe to us to be notified when new episodes are released!