By Paul Miller
Knightly News Co-Adviser
On this episode of the Knightly News Podcast, we welcome Student Success Coach Elijah Tinson to preview upcoming campus events in the winter term and CPC Film Series Correspondent Nik Hogan to interview Professor Paul Miller about his Feb. 2 presentation on “Groundhog Day.”
Also joining the program is Noah Lopez, a freshman communication student and work-study employee for general education.
During our time with Tinson and Lopez, we chat about several important events, including the “Marquee Events” below:
- BSU Super Bowl Party – Feb. 11 – 5 p.m. in ATEC200
- AAB Valentine’s Day Paint and Sip – Feb. 13 – 6 p.m. in the MPR
- AAB Washington D.C. trip – Feb. 17 – contact Tinson for more information
On the second segment of the podcast, we welcome Assistant Professor of Media Studies Paul Miller. Here, Film Series Correspondent Nik Hogan takes the reigns for the interview, where the two preview the Feb. 2 CPC Film Series event featuring “Groundhog Day.”
In the episode, Hogan and Miller discuss the iconic Bill Murray film, with discussions of the film’s time loop, why the film remains relevant in modern society, and some unique facts about the film.
The CPC Film Series event will take place on the Groundhog Day holiday, which also coincides with Professor Miller’s birthday, on Feb. 2.
The event information can be found below:
- 6 p.m. – Doors to the Capital BlueCross Theatre open. Concessions will be available for donation to the Knightly News.
- 6:30 p.m. – Professor Miller’s presentation begins
- 7 p.m. – Film screening
For more information, you can visit the event page by clicking here.
You can find the last three episodes of the podcast on our SoundCloud page. Subscribe to us to be notified when new episodes are released!