By Paul Miller
Knightly News Co-Adviser
On this episode of the Knightly News Podcast, we welcome Director of College Relations Curtis Voelker to discuss the conclusion of Central Penn’s “Raise the Roof” campaign and Vice President Jamie Harmon to give the Fall 2021 Knightly News Brief.
During our time with Voelker, we are joined by Knightly News Reporter Sarah Whitmire. During the show, the group discusses the importance of volunteering in our communities and shares the joy that comes along with volunteer efforts.
Also in our discussion, Voelker discusses the “Raise the Roof” campaign, an annual philanthropic initiative at Central Penn College, this year focusing on housing insecurity. This campaign benefits seven local organizations in the seven counties that the college mainly serves.
At the end of the segment, Voelker also chats about the 2022 initiative, with nominations open now. If you have an organization or cause you think should be considered, you can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org before the end of the year.
On the second segment of the show, Jamie Harmon, vice president and news correspondent for the club, gives the 2021 Knightly News Brief. This segment contains audio versions of stories written in the fall 2021 term.
The following stories are featured on the episode:
- CPC baseball team helps remove Lower Paxton park diamond fences – Enmanuel Vidal
- Bras Across Campus is a success at Central Penn – Jamie Harmon
- Baby kangaroos from Aldinger Farms visit campus – Enmanuel Vidal
- Radio revisited: Student follows professor’s path – Greg Colburn
- Helping children sleep tight – Sarah Whitmire
- Comm students tour PA Media Group studios – Professor Michael Lear-Olimpi
You can find the last three episodes of the podcast on our SoundCloud page. Subscribe to us to be notified when new episodes are released!
This is our final podcast of 2021. We will be back in Week 2 of the winter term!